Apple Montessori Blog
Celebrating the Gift of Giving All Year Round
At Apple Montessori Schools, part of our mission is to nurture and develop the whole child as thoughtful, compassionate, and giving citizens. We believe in helping each child see that he or she has a gift to offer in making the world a better place. As we lead and teach by example, we are passionate about modeling the value of charitable actions and giving back to the communities we serve, so that our students learn valuable lessons about the art of giving and participating in charitable activities all year round.
Community activities that Apple Montessori Schools contributes to include:
- Since 2011, Apple Montessori Schools, its families, and community have worked together to raise more than $194,696 for the Ronald McDonald House Charities through our annual Spring Olympic Day Fundraiser and other initiatives.
- Collecting food donations for McFoods, Interfaith Food Pantry, Hoboken Homeless Shelter, and other community organizations to help feed and nourish residents in need.
- Supporting Toys for Tots.
- Participating in Operation Gratitude, providing candy donations for soldiers overseas.
- Sharing Apple Montessori Schools’ Backpack and School Supply Drive.
Within our classrooms, we focus on more than academics in educating the whole child. We place extreme importance on character development. We guide students in the care of self, others, and their environment. By developing self-awareness and respect for others, our students gain an understanding of their roles and responsibilities within their families, communities, and the world.
The value of giving back
Every child has the opportunity to make others happy and create a better world. We find that children experience greater satisfaction, contentment, and joy when they give of themselves.
- We are open to the world around us and the needs of others.
- Helping people teaches invaluable lessons about responsibility, compassion, and humanity.
- Kindness strengthens people and our communities.
- Giving back feels good.
“The Child is both a Hope and Promise for Mankind.”
—Dr. Maria Montessori